Image via Parents.com
Changing your baby’s diapers may seem like a frightening task, especially if you have never been around babies before. Don’t worry. It is not that hard, and in a few weeks you too will be an expert.
Here are a few helpful tips and guidelines to get you started on the right track:
1. Spread out the new diaper and raised gathers help to prevent leakage.
2. Lift up the baby’s bottom slightly and place the diaper beneath.
3. Ensure that the inner gathers completly cover the with of the baby’s bottom.
4. Help down the side of the diaper and pull the tape over. Ensure both sides are symmetrical before fastening.
5. Fasteb the tape and give a slight tug at the back to ensure that the tape is in place.
6. Adjust the gathers around the thighs and ensure th diaper fits snugly around the baby’s bottom.