Are you trying to practice a healthy lifestyle to help your unborn baby safely and healthily? So, have you ever been interested in whether pregnant women are safe when they go up or down stairs? This article will help you answer questions about the issue
Taking/Climbing the stairs during pregnancy is safe or not?
Taking the stairs is safe during pregnancy as long as you are careful. One of the most feared things may happen to slip or stumble when you go down/up the stairs
Falling down stairs in the first months of pregnancy can cause miscarriage while falling down stairs in the last months of pregnancy is prone to premature birth. In the first months, the risk of falling down stairs is often less because pregnant women still have abilities to keep good balance
When should pregnant women avoid climbing stairs?
Please don’t climb stairs if your doctor advises you not to climb stairs. However, if you are careful, it will not be bad for you and your baby. However, if you have some of these signs, you should avoid climbing stairs:
- Hemorrhage in the first 3 months of pregnancy
- There is a high risk of miscarriage, abdominal pain or reduction in the amount of hormones
- Suffer from diabetes or autoimmune diseases
- Used to have a miscarriage in the past
- Be pregnant when you are more than 35 years old
- Often have dizziness and fainting
- Have high or low blood pressure